Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Forty-three down, six or seven hundred to go.

In case you are having writer's block and can't think of what to write on your Laughter Quilt blocks (which you are making, right? RIGHT?), here is a list of what the people who have already sent blocks have written on theirs:


  • Minor dukes!
  • Monty Python quotes
  • Alliterative euphemisms for masturbation
  • My friend Megan
  • Crazy Snowflakery
  • Robot fabric
  • Witty one liners
  • "You have enough fabric" Ha!
  • Extra long meetings that never seem to end
  • My dogs
  • Steve Carell
  • Jim Carey
  • The Bitchy Stitcher
  • Listening to someone learn a new language
  • Farts
  • Chevy Chase
  • John Cleese
  • The tactless truthfulness of my grandchildren
  • Dogs that smile
  • No empty nest! Fill it with fabric!
  • Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another piece of chocolate...
  • I love a good meal, so I don't cook. - Maxine
  • Lucy McGillicuddy Ricardo
  • I'm sick of reality! I want a fairy godmother.
  • OMFG!
  • Fuck twerking! Can your ass cook?
  • Y2K Fabrics
  • Laurel & Hardy films
  • Quilting with my "Quilters by the Lake" friends...always something funny!
  • Baby animals at play
  • Richard Scarry books make me laugh
  • Telling old stories with friends
  • Seeing myself in the mirror after a shower
  • D.B. Cooper w/Dollie
  • "Sparky"
  • My grandson saying, "Nana, you are so beautiful!"
  • My grandchildren
  • "Life"
  • What makes me laugh is when someone says or does something totally unexpected!
  • Things shaped like penises
  • The antics of my pets
  • The move "Elf" no matter how many times I've seen it.
  • My granddaughter singing "Let It Go" at the top of her 2 yr old lungs! Oh, and sass & snark...


As you can see, there are all kinds of interpretations in there, from names of comedians/comedic actors to actual jokes to completely cryptic things we can only guess at. And yes, there was a little butt kissing too, but we'll overlook it and save those for the Butt Kissing Quilt. I have to say, though this is not a competition, the absolute winner here is "alliterative euphemisms for masturbation." I am very, very tempted to turn that into some sort of a contest, just for the hell of it.

Forty-three blocks is fantastic and I'm so grateful to everyone who has sent them so far. But I still need more - lots more! I'll be posting reminders periodically, and if I come speak at your guild (see my new Lectures page for info) I'll bring instructions for the blocks to pass out to members. I hope this list gives you some inspiration and shows you that ANYTHING is fair game as long as it it something that makes you laugh.

No comments: